|Component, Composite, RF, BNC (83)
Fiber Optic & Optical Toslink (10)
Tablet / Smartphones Accessories (67)
VGA, CAT5/6/7 & Surge Protection (80)
Wii, Xbox, PS3, USB & FireWire (23)
HDMI, DVI & Displayport (63)
HDMI, DVI Switches & Extenders (45)
Installation Tools & HD Media (14)
IR, Wireless, Remotes, Batteries (20)
LNB, Multiswitch, SLX & Dish Kit (18)
|Terms & Conditions
|Guarantee on Returns & Replacements
Products carry the waranties as listed below and will be replaced or refunded based on the conditions below. When installation is done for HDMI Distribution Equipment (Splitters, Extenders, Switches & Converters) an accredited / professional installer needs to be used for installation otherwise no faulty returns will be accepted if damage arises from improper installation and usage. Please consult your display and source / player manufacturer to ensure their products support HDMI Repeater devices (any switch,splitter,extender etc) between source/player and display and whether they can provide a firmware or software upgrade in the case where an incompatibiilty is experienced. Conditions and exclusions are listed below. High quality surge protection plugs must be installed on any HDMI equipment and all equipment connecting to your HDMI network to protect your equipment from electrical spikes and surges.
Warning!!: Never connect and disconnect HDMI cables and equipment while your devices are powered on (hot plugging cables). The hdmi cables carries a low DC voltage while connected. You will damage your equipment and the HDMI Distribution equipment while hot-plugging cables which will not be replaced under the manufacturer's guarantee. Power-off all equipment before changing hdmi cables or when installing new HDMI Distribution Equipment. Ensure that cables are gently inserted while changing cables and do not force or twist cables while inserted into the hdmi socket on your LCD or distribution equipment. By twisting cables the 19 pins inside the HDMI cable can overlap and damage equipment hdmi ports. Ensure cables are not hanging from equipment and are neatly fastened using cable ties or any other way to prevent bending / damage on HDMI ports caused by hanging cables.
If we supply the wrong product or if the product is in any way faulty or damaged when delivered or collected, we will exchange it for the correct one after it has been returned. We will make a reasonable effort to exchange the product, but if replacement is not possible e.g. if we are out of stock, we will refund your purchase price or exchange the product when we have received stock. All incorrectly posted products that need to be exchanged or returned must be returned within 14 days after purchase and need to be unopened and unused to be eligible for this refund.
● All products carry a 1 year warranty except for the products mentioned below.
● Rechargeable batteries and chargers (or power supplies) carry a 6 months warranty if operated under normal conditions e.g no leakages / overcharging of batteries will be exchanged.
● Due to outdoor installation and products prone to lightning LNB's, Multiswitches, SLx Aerial Splitters and Satellite Dishes will only have a 14 day dead on arrival exchange policy and will not be covered under any warranty due to the nature of installation of products.
● HD Media e.g BD-R and BD-RE discs and cut-to-length cabling has no warranty since media reliability is dependant on the Blu-way writer used for backing up media and cut-to-length cables are provided as per customer request.
Refunds on postage / courier fees and products returned within 14 days after purchase
● HDCabling will only be liable for postage / courier fees if the incorrect products have been supplied to a customer. Postage / courier fees will also be paid by HDCabling to post / courier the incorrect products back to us for replacement with the correct products.
● In any other situation (e.g product defective under the warranty and needs to be returned, installation or compatiblity problems and swop-out needed etc) the customer will have to pay courier fees for returned products and resend of new products.
● If a customer incorrectly purchased a product and it needs to be refunded a 15% handling, bank charge and restocking fee will be charged on the refund amount. The product needs to be unopened and unused to be eligible for this refund. This needs to be communicated within 14 days to a HDCabling representative. However if advice has been given to a customer via email by a HDCabling representative and the incorrect product has been supplied a full refund will be provided to the customer. The items need to be un-opened and unused to be eligible for this refund otherwise it will be refunded based on terms specified by HDCabling CC. Additional to this exclusion, if HDCabling incurred any costs e.g purchasing a locally supplied product listed on our website the items cannot be refunded and the customer will be liable for paying HDCabling costs incurred to procure the items from another supplier.
● Any refunds to be done on discretion of HDCabling if products were opened and used will be 60% of the purchase price or 60% of the current selling price whichever is less and based on the conditions below. This includes a handling / admin, restocking, bank charge and testing fee. All manuals and packaging needs to be included in the return otherwise the refund will be based on the used / incomplete package returned which will be less than 60% of the purchase price or 60% of the current selling price whichever is less based on the contents returned. The product needs to be in fully working condition to be eligible for a refund. If the product has been damaged / scratched in any way no refund will be provided.
● The warranty is not transferable e.g. the original buyer needs to return an item with invoice if testing needs to be done otherwise the warranty will be void. If you are purchasing items for resell please ensure that your customer return the items to you and that you handle the warranty item returns since the invoice will be in the name of the installer / re-seller.
● In the rare case, when an installation is done by an installer / customer and HDCP / HDMI problems occur and the LCD / source / player manufacturer cannot provide a firmware upgrade for compatibility we will provide another solution for the installation. a 15% replacement / handling fee will be charged when an exchange or refund needed on a specific chipset or when a product returned where the LCD / source manufacturer cannot supply an upgrade for compatibility with the specific product. For Gauteng regions we contracted accredited Multichoice installers who can assist with installations having problems at a standard call-out fee and hourly rate. If outside of Gauteng and assistance via email does not solve the installations problem and changes / another solution needs to be supplied, courier and postage fees needs to be paid by the customer for returning products and to courier / post an alternative solution.
Refunds / Exchanges on products returned after 14 days
● No credit / cash refunds will be done in any situation after 14 days and products will be replaced / repaired based on the conditions below if the product is defective in any way under the warranty (exclusions listed below).
● If the returned product is not faulty after testing or returned due to improper installation or incompatibility, it will not be exchanged for a new one and a R 150.00 testing and handling fee will charged. Please check with your source/player and display manufacturer if their product supports HDMI Repeater devices (any switch,splitter,extender etc). If equipment needs to be exchanged it will be exchanged based on conditions below.
● A local assessment will be done for a non-functioning product returned under warranty. It will be replaced for a new one based on the conditions below. If a dispute arises from the assessment done, the product will be send back to the manufacturer overseas for a damage report. This may take 8 or more weeks. In the case where the manufacturer does not replace the product under warranty due to any of the conditions below, shipping fees will be payable by the customer. If there is a service charge payable for replacement, the customer will be liable to pay the service and replacement fee.
Replacements / Refunds will not be issued if damaged due to any of the conditions below
● Electrical damage - e.g. Unstable power to equipment (a UPS is highly recommended to minimize problems), Electrical Surges / spikes either from electrical wall socket or HDMI voltage spikes from external sources / displays due to problems on the source / player HDMI port (Surge protection is required to minimize unstable electrical current / surges to your equipment), Damage due to another AC/DC power supply used other than the original supplied AC/DC adapter e.g if the wattage / voltage is too high from another AC/DC adapter you will damage the equipment.
● Physical Damage - e.g. dropping equipment, scratching, water damage, opening equipment, pins bended on cables due to incorrect usage or force plugging cables etc.
● Modification of equipment or tampering with electronic equipment will void the warranty.
● Damage due to overheating - When overheated due to restricted airflow or exceeded 50 degrees working temperature.
● Improper installation - e.g. HDMI port damage (caused by hanging cables, hdmi voltage problems, forced-plug HDMI Cables and swopping cables while equipment is powered on)
● Lightning damage (Install lighting protectors / arrestors in your electrical circuit board to protect your equipment from lighting strikes, also use a UPS and Surge Protection plugs on all areas where you have equipment).
Since there are several thousands of different HDMI, Optical & Coaxial products on the market we cannot always provide a solution that will work with your current configuration (e.g. HDCP issues when HDMI Distribution Equipment is installed). Most of the manufacturers on the market for source players, digital receivers, LCD's, Plasma's and projectors are working on a standard to have 100% HDCP compliance between all HDMI equipment in the world. Currently our products are ±95%-99% compliant with common South African brands and models and we have a list of compliant LCD's, Plasma's, Projectors and sources to provide to customers based on previous installations before purchasing. Also consult your display or source manufacturer to ensure that their product will be compatible with the equipment you are purchasing. We have tested our products on several different Digital Receivers, LCD's, Plasma's etc. from different manufacturers and will always do our best effort to provide you with a workable solution from past experiences.
If HDCabling supplies the wrong product or if the product is in any way faulty or damaged, HDCabling will exchange it for the correct one. However, if the product is no longer being offered at the special price, it will not be replaced and HDCabling will refund the purchase price of the product. Note that once opened, the goods will not be accepted for a refund and will only be replaced with another of the same product if the product has a factory defect. If you selected bank deposit as a payment option, and wish to return the product, full bank deposit details must be provided. If the name of account holder, bank, branch name, and branch code and account number are not provided the money will not be refunded.
Privacy and Security
Your information is always confidential. HDCabling is a safe and secure website and is legally committed to protecting all your transactions and information. Your information will NEVER be disclosed to any third parties, unless obliged to do so by law.
Delivery costs, times and methods
Fee as per our website during cart checkout or pick-up from the collection facility.
Delivery Methods & Restrictions
SA Post Office (Econoparcel for items) – On checkout, additional Comments / Instructions can be given if another service is required. Parcels can be collected from the counter of the Post Office.
Bank Deposits or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Paying by bank deposit or electronic funds transfer (EFT) is easy. Go ahead and place your items in your basket and after Checkout the website administrator will mail you the banking details of the HDCabling.co.za account with a pro-forma invoice. Pay your billed amount by making an electronic funds transfer (EFT), or by making a direct deposit into HDCabling’s account using your order number as a reference and emailing proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number. Orders placed and not paid within 3 business days will be deleted from the system to allow restock of the quantities in the order.
Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither HDCabling nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site. Furthermore, HDCabling makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this web site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to email@example.com . This web site is supplied on an 'as is' basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet the user's individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to entering into this agreement with HDCabling that the service available from and through this web site will meet the user's individual requirements and be compatible with the user's hardware and/or software. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of HDCabling and users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site. All items purchased from HDCabling are made pursuant to agreements with shipping and delivery agents and risk of loss pass from HDCabling to such agents upon delivery of any item to such carrier. Neither HDCabling nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use any product sold on this web site.
Bank deposit payments
Instruction will be given on how to deposit payment for orders into the HDCabling bank account and it would be subject to the following rules:
The exact amount must be paid.
The payment must be identified by supplying the order number and surname in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer.
Cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.
No bank deposits are accepted from outside the borders of South Africa.
Unpaid bank deposit orders are cancelled after three business days.
Agreements of Sale
- Due to the same product changing frequently to enhance a product the actual picture & product description displayed may differ from actual product. We ensure that regular updates are done to product pictures & descriptions but delays in updates may cause new imported products to look different and may have additional or changed functionality compared to picture & description on the website. If specific features are required as listed on the website and not available we will provide a full refund of the product purchased.
- In a rare situation where pricing is displayed incorrectly on a product a customer will be notified of the incorrect pricing after order submitted and we will provide our best and highest discount possible on the product to accommodate the customer on the specific product. The customer is not obliged to continue with the purchase in this case and the order may be cancelled by the customer.
- Shipping fees are close to 100% correct based upon weight of products and calculated during cart checkout. In such a case where a small town is not serviced by the Post Office or a courier service we have the right to change the order value to include the difference in courier costs. The customer may change the specific delivery option chosen at any time or cancel the order if courier delivery fees for a specific town is not acceptable if not correctly calculated by the system.
Placing an item in a shopping basket does not:
Constitute an agreement of sale between HDCabling and users cannot hold HDCabling liable if such items are not available when the purchase cycle is completed later; and/or
constitute an order for such an item; and
HDCabling may remove such an item from the shopping basket if no stock is available or has been scheduled for import within 2 months. Item stock arrival time will be displayed on individual products and this indicates the estimated delivery date by a forwarding company. Orders can be placed for these items and they will be posted as soon as the stock arrives. The buyer will be notified when placing the order of the expected delivery date for the specific products in the order.
An agreement of sale between HDCabling and a user only comes into effect if and when:
A deposit of an electronic transfer is reflected on HDCabling's bank statement (and only if such payment is received within 3 (three) business days after completion of the purchase cycle); or
a direct cash deposit is reflected on HDCabling's bank statement (and only if such payment is received within 3 (three) business days after completion of the purchase cycle.
HDCabling reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reasons. HDCabling also reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. HDCabling shall only be liable to refund monies already paid by the customer. HDCabling shall take all reasonable efforts to maintain correct prices. However, should errors occur and items are offered at incorrect prices, HDCabling will not be obliged to sell goods at such incorrect prices and shall only be liable to refund monies paid. If a customer placed an order and requested out of stock items to be purchased on request, the customer will be liable for the amount payable on the order generated and amount due on invoice generated by the system.
PLEASE NOTE!! If an order has been placed on http://www.hdcabling.co.za and the option to collect order has been chosen with the cash on collection option such an order comes into agreement as soon as the order is placed on http://www.hdcabling.co.za. If the customer fails to collect such an order within 14 days a delivery fee of R 100.00 will be charged to the customer to cover HDCabling's expenses for the delivery of the order to the collection facility. Orders will remain active for a maximum of 14 days for collection. After cart checkout you will be bound to this agreement and liable to pay the R 100.00 for delivery if you fail to collect your order within 14 days.
Stocks of all goods on offer are limited. HDCabling shall take all reasonable efforts to discontinue the offer as soon as stock is no longer available. However, should items still be offered after stocks are sold, HDCabling shall only be liable to refund monies where it is unable to fulfill orders at advertised prices.