75Ohm Digital Coaxial cables are used from an HDPVR, Blu-ray or other equipment having a digital coaxial RCA output (Orange or Black Port) to provide Dolby Digital and DTS Audio. The cable audio quality is the same as Optical Toslink providing Dolby Digital, AC3, DTS or PCM 48Khz audio from your equipment to a digital receiver via a single cable. The coaxial cables are also used to connect Active Subwoofers to a digital receiver.
This CABLE is for:
HDPVR Digital Coaxial (Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio)
Standard PVR Digital Coaxial (Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio)
DVD Audio Player
Digital Video Recorder
Digital Cable Box
Computer sound card with digital coaxial audio output
Home Theater Personal Computer (HTPC)
This cable connects dvd players to audio receivers, Sattelite boxes and cable boxes to audio receivers, computer audio equipment, and any other equipment that supports Coax(S/Pdif) interface interconnect. Lastest model DSTV Decoders & DSTV HDPVR also use the Coaxial Optical out to provide true Dolby Surround Sound to a dolby amplifier / receiver.
Please check the Home Entertainment Wiring Diagram section on our website for common uses of this cable and for alternative wiring options.
This cable allows jitter-free transfer of digital audio signals. The low-loss cable design includes pure copper center conductor and shielding to preserve signal strength and minimize noise. Gold-plated, RCA connectors and pins to give you solid, corrosion-free contact.
- Single RCA Plug(male) to single RCA Plug(male).
- 24k Gold Plated connectors ensure long-lasting, corrosion-free connections.
- Fully molded connecters provide excellent strain relief.
- High-quality coax wire with copper braid shield reduces unwanted noise and distortion.
- Easy installation with non-slip rubber grip.
- Improves digital signal delivery as compared to standard RCA type audio cables.
- True digital signal maintained by high materials and connectors 99.999% Pure Copper Non-OFC conductor.
- High-density double shielding for max rejection of EMI and RFI.
What is SPDIF? - S/PDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interface) is a standard audio transfer file format. It is usually found on digital audio equipment such as a DAT (Digital Audio Tape) machine, PC Sound Cards or audio processing device. It allows the transfer of audio from one file to another without the conversion to and from an analog format, which could degrade the signal quality.