This Composite to HDMI Scaler / Converter takes Composite (Yellow RCA) Video as input and converts it to HDMI. It will combine the audio input (2 x Red / White RCA) into the HDMI stream to have audio & video via HDMI. It allows older analog devices to be integrated into today's home theatre systems.
Upscalers only change the resolution of the input signal to a higher resolution, digital format and will have no difference in video on the output. This device also functions as an Upconverter (different from upscaler only) and will apply post-processing image algorithms to make the image look smoother and less pixelated by using pixel interpolation, pixel blending, bicubic filtering, de-interlacing & color enhancements. This converter has a built-in processor to do image enhancements. Please note that NO PRODUCT on the market can upscale low quality composite (RCA) video to be the same quality as HD 720p video or 1080p video, but some video improvements can be noticed when using this converter. This converter is primarily used to connect traditional Composite / Yellow RCA devices to a LCD (such as a PC LCD) which does not have Composite / RCA inputs and only HDMI inputs. It is also used to convert the signal to HDMI to allow distribution to other areas of your home or company via HDMI extenders & splitters to display the content on multiple displays.
● Scales up Composite Video to HDMI 720p / 1080p.
● Motion Compensated 3D Wavelet Video Coding Technology is applied to make the converted picture rich in color and more vivid.
● Input audio is integrated into HDMI out.
● Input video systems - NTSC and PAL is automatically detected and adjusted.
Operation Controls and Functions
● VIDEO IN, AUDIO/R IN and AUDIO/L IN : Composite video (Yellow RCA) and Audio L/R Stereo Input.
● DC 5V : To connect DC 5V power supply from nearby USB Port, USB Power cable INCLUDED (e.g USB port on HDTV or external USB power supply NOT INCLUDED with product contents).
● POWER : Power LED
● HDMI OUT: To connect to HD display. HD Display needs to support 720p on HDMI port.
- Inputs : One Composite Video (Yellow RCA), One AUDIO L/R
- Outputs : One HDMI, One Audio (3.5mm socket)
- Power : DC 5V at least 500mA
- Net Weight: 0.30kg
Use high quality Surge Protection plugs on your equipment to ensure unstable power from electrical wall socket / electrical surges will have less chance of damaging your equipment. a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply) is highly recommended in all areas of your home or business where LCD's, players and HDMI Equipment is installed.