The HDMI IR Injection Adapter is a device that enables the user to control an HDMI source remotely, from a location next to a TV connected the splitter. It uses the IR backward channel on the splitter to do this.
***Please note that this is only the IR adapter***
***Using two of this IR adaptors will allow you to transmit IR signals via a HDMI cable from your remote area to your source device.***
Depending on how many sources you want to control via your HDMI cable please see the IR Eyes that needs to be purchased separately: Single Set Infrared (IR) TX and RX Eyes for HDMI Splitters with IR, Matrix Switches with IR and IR Injection Kits
Connection & Set up
The diagram below shows the recommended connection method.
- Connectt the IR transmitter to a 3.5mm jack socket output on the splitter/ matrix.
- Position the IR transmitter module in front of the source device, with clear line of sight to the source's IR sensor window.
- Position the IR receiver within clear line of sight of the position at which you will be using the source'a remote control. Uncoil the connecting cable.
- The splitter/ matrix should already be connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.
IRK HDMI Adaptor
- Disconnect the HDMI Cable from the TV an replace it with the IRK HDMI adaptor.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the IRK HDMI adaptor.
- Connect the IR receiver cable to the IRK HDMI adaptor using the 3.5mm jack socket, Labelled 'IR RX'.
- Ensure the two-way switch is set to 'IR'.
- 1 x HDMI Adaptor - with CEC/IR slider switch