The HDM IRK is a device that when added to a splitter or matrix, enables the user to control an HDMI source remotely, from a location next to a TV connected the splitter. It uses the IR backward channel on the splitter to do this.
Connection & Set up
The diagram below shows the recommended connection method.
- Connectt the IR transmitter to a 3.5mm jack socket output on the splitter/ matrix.
- Position the IR transmitter module in front of the source device, with clear line of sight to the source's IR sensor window.
- Position the IR receiver within clear line of sight of the position at which you will be using the source'a remote control. Uncoil the connecting cable.
- The splitter/ matrix should already be connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.
IRK HDMI Adaptor
- Disconnect the HDMI Cable from the TV an replace it with the IRK HDMI adaptor.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the IRK HDMI adaptor.
- Connect the IR receiver cable to the IRK HDMI adaptor using the 3.5mm jack socket, Labelled 'IR RX'.
- Ensure the two-way switch is set to 'IR'.
- 1 x Infra Red receiver (marked RX) with 3.5mm jack
- 1 x Infra Red transmitter (marked TX) with 3.5mm jack
- 2 x HDMI Adaptor - with CEC/IR slider switch