HDMI KVM Extender over Network or 1:1 via CAT6 Cable up to 150 Meter | With HDMI Passthrough on TX and Infrared
This HDMI KVM Extender is based on the TCP/IP protocol standard and works over any Network Switch or direct Transmitter to Receiver via a standard CAT6 Network Cable. It transmits signals up to 150 meters from your HDMI or DVI-D source to any HDMI display by a single CAT 6 Network Cable. It also has USB Ports to transmit or extend USB Devices over the same network or single cable and it provides Infrared Return for IR Remotes to change channels remotely on IR Equipment.
Transmitter – with HDMI passthrough
- Signal transmission : Full Copper CAT6(recommended) cables up to 150 meters instead of HDMI cables are connected between TX and RX Units.
- Support input/output resolutions: 480i/p,576p,720p,1080i/p;
- Support point-to-point mode, one point-to-many mode and cascaded connection mode
- Support IR control, you can control any Infrared Remote device such as Blu-Ray, DSTV Explora at receiving site by IR remote control
- Plug and play, no need for additional software;
- Support IR remote control 20~60KHz,NEC;
- Supports Wired USB Keyboard and Mouse. Wireless Units may work but not tested due to additional power usage of Mouse/Keyboard USB Dongles
- Audio : Sample rate:32kHz,44.1kHz,48kHz
- ESD Protection Human Body Model : ± 8kV (air-gap discharge), ± 4kV (contact discharge)
- Operating Temperature : 0˚C ~ 40˚C / 32˚F ~ 104˚F
- Dimensions : 170 x 81.5 x 22mm
These HDMI KVM over IP / Network Extenders has been tested with the Network over Powerline adapters as at Tenda 200Mbit/s Network over Powerline and Tenda 1Gbit/s Network over Powerline adapters. Using this HDMI KVM Extender over IP product in this type of setup together with the Network over Powerline adapters will effectively create an HDMI over Powerline solution. It will not require network switches and CAT6 Networking cable to enable these extenders to function, it will use existing 220v electrical power cables as the transport medium between the KVM Transmitter and Receiver when used together with Network over Powerline products. This type of solution has been tested up to 70 meter over existing home / business power cables. Longer distances is possible but will be dependent on your home power cables quality and wiring at the DBBoard. If a UPS is used inbetween transmitter and receiver this solution will not work as the signal can only pass through electrical DBBoard and breakers and not via a UPS.
Sample Installation Diagram 1:1 Transmitter:Receiver
Sample Installation Diagram 1:N over Ethernet IP Network
Cheaper CAT6 CCA Ethernet Network Cable as below can be used with this extender but only to about 40-60% of the max distance indicated on extender. For Full Distance installations and best transmission CAT6 Full Copper Cable is recommended as below
CAT6 Full Copper Ethernet Network Cable Recommended for max distances