MeCool KM9 Pro Media Player 4k Ultra HD AndroidTV 9.0 Google Certified TV Box – DSTV Now, Showmax – Built-in ChromeCast
This Media Player is Google Certified and supports Widevine Level 1 DRM (Digital Rights Management) required by apps such as DSTV Now, Showmax and some other online streaming apps. It features a built-in Chromecast to wireless cast from your mobile phone or Tablet directly to the HDTV or Projector this media player is connected to.
It supports DSTV Now, Kodi, Hulu and most Online streaming apps requiring Google Certified device status out of the box.
NOTE!! If you install Netflix and a version incompatibility pop-up when Netflix launched please follow the instructions below to sideload a Netflix Compatible version.
- Download Netflix .Apk on a PC or Notebook from Netflix APK Installer
- Copy the file to a USB Flash Drive and Insert the USB Flash Drive in The KM9 Pro Media Player USB port.
- Launch the APP FX (File Explorer) which is pre-installed on the KM9 Pro Media Player from the Apps menu.
- Go through the initial setup for the file explorer if not configured yet by scrolling right a few times until setup is completed.
- Click on USB Storage on the right on FX File Explorer
- Click on the Netflix Icon (.APK File) and choose install to install Netflix from USB.
- After installation Netflix can be launched and login with your account username/password
- NOTE!! If Netflix Prompts to install a new version cancel the upgrade message. If you install a newer version and it is incompatible again you will have to repeat the steps above.
DSTV Now Login
When opening the DSTV Now App the user will get a verification code on-screen. Since AndroidTV OS does not use direct browsing services use your phone or PC to login to https://now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code shown. After code entered login with your DSTV Now Username/Email and Password.
MECOOL KM9 Google Certified TV Box 2019 instructional Usage and Review Video
This Media Player Infrared Remote can be replaced with the more advanced remotes / keyboards below:
Wireless Screen Mirroring / Chromecast
This unit can support Screen mirroring from your smartphone or tablet by installing an app from Android Play Store on your phone and enabling wireless casting such as the Google Home Application which enables this function. It supports miracast / screencast and Samsung SmartView as well to enjoy content from your mobile device wirelessly to the Media Player connected to Projector or HDTV Display.
- Live stream news and sports from DStv Now (account required)
- Watch movies and series on demand from Netflix and Showmax in HD Quality (account required)
- 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- Listen to your favourite music from Deezer
- Plug in a hard drive or USB flash
- Download apps from the Google Play Store
- Watch in HD (720P), Full HD (1080p), or even UltraHD 4K resolution
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Browse the internet using Google Chrome
- Connect to the internet using WiFi or an Ethernet cable
The Android TV Box operates Android TV 9.0 and apps below tested for compatibility from Play Store
– DStv Now
– Kodi 18.2
– Google Play Store
– Netflix (requires Sideload .APK Install as above since Netflix HD from Play Store requires EME (Encrypted Media Extensions) which is not an encryption function of this media player.
– Mecool TV Box
– Power adapter
– Infrared Remote
Differences between AndroidTV 9.0 and Android 9.0
Android TV has a special users interface and services that are designed specifically for a TV. Operators can customize their own launchers.
APPS for AndroidTV 9.0
Android TV allows access to an increasing number of third-party apps and services through the Google Play Store.
Android TV 9.0 Interface vs Android 9.0