MyGica ATV495Max Google Certified Media Player | DSTV Now | Showmax | 4k Quad-Core 2/16GB AndroidTV TV Box
This Media Player is Google Certified and supports Widevine Level 1 DRM (Digital Rights Management) required by apps such as DSTV Now, Showmax and some other online streaming apps. It features a built-in Chromecast to wireless cast from your mobile phone or Tablet directly to the HDTV or Projector this media player is connected to.
|Product:||MyGica ATV495MAX Quad-Core Nano Media Player|
|CPU:||ARM Cortex A53 Quad-Core CPU, Penta-Core Mali 450 GPU|
|CPU Frequency:||1.6~2.0GHz 3D engine|
|OS:||Android TV OS|
The Android TV Box operates Android TV 9.0 and apps below tested for compatibility from Play Store
- DStv Now
- Kodi 18.2
- Google Play Store
- Netflix – Not officially supported but can be side-loaded by any method below (Install as below since Netflix from Play Store requires EME (Encrypted Media Extensions).
Netflix Side-Load Instructions:
Method 1: Use Netflix Via Kodi as a Add-on
- Install Kodi 18.3 from the media player Google Play Store
- Follow Youtube Video Instructions below to Add Netflix Video Add-on to Kodi
Method 2: Add Netflix as standalone app (Requires a USB Flash Drive to Install)
- Download Netflix_ATV495MAX_Beta.IMG on a PC or Notebook from Netflix Compatible with MyGica ATV495Max
- Copy the downloaded Netflix_ATV495MAX_Beta.IMG file to a USB Flash Drive (FAT32 Only Formatted Drive) and Insert the USB Flash Drive in the Media Player USB port.
- Goto Update & Backup Icon on the Media Player Main Menu as below
4. On the Update and Backup Screen Choose Select and Select the Netflix_ATV495MAX_Beta.IMG from your flash drive
5. When Back at the Update & Backup Screen the Netflix_ATV495MAX_Beta.IMG will be displayed and you need to click update & Confirm the Update again as per 2nd screenshot
6. The Unit will reboot and install the Netflix Update, leave the flash drive plugged in while rebooting.
If you get the error below you need to check your Flash drive to be FAT32 formatted. Any other partition type e.g exFAT or NTFS will not be readable by the Android System
7. After installation Netflix can be launched and login with your account username/password
NOTE!! If Netflix Prompts to install a new version cancel the upgrade message after installed. If you install a newer version and it is incompatible you will have to repeat the steps above again.
If your Remote Does not Pair correctly when unit is initially configured please follow the reset instructions on the Youtube video below:
To do a complete software reset back to factory default settings for the media player please follow the reset instructions as at MyGica ATV495Max Reset Instructions
To do a Complete Hardware Reset, follow the instructions below:
- To reset the unit unplug the power supply, insert a wired keyboard to control boot-up menu.
- Press down on the reset button, then insert the power supply while holding down on the reset button the android screen will show then the screen will go black just before it goes to the factory reset menu. Navigate to wipe cache data (clear the cache) then navigate to clear all data just above wipe cache.
- After the unit has been erased click on reboot unit, it will reload all the factory settings (note: if the unit gets stuck on the MyGica logo just unplug the power supply and plug it back in and it will load correctly.
|Interface definition and parameter|
|USB:||2 x USB2.0|
|SD card:||1 x Micro SD Card slot up to 256GB|
|Internet:||802.11 b/g/n WiFi & RJ45 10/100M ethernet|
|Output:||3.5mm Mini-Toslink Output Port (Optical Cable not included)|
|HDMI:||HDMI and CVBS (Composite Yellow RCA Video)|
|Remote control:||MyGica IR Remote with mouse function|
|Voltage:||5V / 2A DC – Power supply included|
|UI:||MyGica Android TV OS system UI Style|
|Media Player:||Local video playback: VP9, Mpeg1/2/4, H.264, H.265, VC-1, WMV, AVI, MKV, MOV – Kodi software adds additional video formats supported|
|Online Video:||Access to internet, online video streaming|
|Music:||Local music player: MP3,WAV,WMA|
|Online music:||Access to internet, online music playing|
|Picture viewer:||Support multi formats: BMP,JPG,TIF,PNG,GIF|
|Software update:||Support Micro SD card / USB disk for software update|
|External storage:||Micro SD card up to 256GB, USB storage support up to 2TB|
|Resolution:||4k. 1080P. 1080i. 720P. 720i. 576P. 576i. 480P. 480i|
|Product Size:||85 x 82 x 19 mm|
|Remote Distance:||8 Meters Line of Sight|
DSTV Now Login
When opening the DSTV Now App the user will get a verification code on-screen. Since AndroidTV OS does not use direct browsing services use your phone or PC to login to https://now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code shown. After code entered login with your DSTV Now Username/Email and Password.
The Mygica ATV495 Max TV box will transform your TV into a multi-functional smart TV. Watch movies, play games, browse the internet and more, all right at your fingertips. Stream music, movies and series with supported APPS. This compact media player is the perfect device to change the way you view your TV.
This Media Player Infrared Remote can be replaced with the more advanced remotes / keyboards below:
Wireless Screen Mirroring / Chromecast
This unit can support Screen mirroring from your smartphone or tablet by installing an app from Android Play Store on your phone and enabling wireless casting such as the Google Home Application which enables this function. It supports Chromecast / Screencast and Samsung SmartView as well to enjoy content from your mobile device wirelessly to the Media Player connected to Projector or HDTV Display.
Differences between AndroidTV 9.0 and Android 9.0
Android TV has a special users interface and services that are designed specifically for a TV. Operators can customize their own launchers.
APPS for AndroidTV 9.0
Android TV allows access to an increasing number of third-party apps and services through the Google Play Store.
Android TV 9.0 Interface vs Android 9.0