Price per Meter – CAT5e Network Cable Foil Twisted Pair (FTP) 1Gb/s
Shielded / Foil cables are more expensive than Unshielded even on lower bandwidth, but provides a better signal transfer on longer distances and shields better from electromagnetic interference. Shielded / Foil cable needs to be used for Video/Audio TMDS channel on video and audio extenders to ensure improved syncing / stable signals. The DDC Channel on HDMI extenders can use Unshielded twisted pair, but in general UTP is not supported by manufacturer due to signal attenuation and interference from nearby EMI. Shielded / Foil cables also needs to be grounded properly when terminated (using the ripcord inside cabling) to ensure the cables are properly earthed for possible spikes / surges.
To terminate / crimp RJ45 connectors correctly onto UTP or STP cables use the Crimping Tool below.
Unshielded RJ45 connectors below can be used on this cable
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
– High-Performance Data Communications Cable for Noisy Environment
– Suitable for 350MHz High-Speed Data Applications, – Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and 155Mbps TP-PMD/CDDI
– Designed for Indoor Installations, (CMR) Riser
– Category-5E Foil Twisted Pair (FTP) Cable
– 4-Pair, Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
– AWG24 Solid Bare Copper Conductors
– Excellent Attenuation and Crosstalk Characteristics
– Exceeds EIA/TIA 568 B.2-1, UL, CSA and ISO/IEC 11801 specifications
– UL/cUL or ETL Listed