Replacement LED Driver / Power Converter for LED Floodlight / Repair LED Spotlight
How to Repair a LED Floodlight / Spotlight ?
Most LED Floodlights / Spotlights are basic units with only a power converter (LED Driver) that converts from 220 Volt to 15-34V DC and the LED Light (Also called LED COB (Chip on Board) or LED Reflector)
On most LED Floodlights one of these 2 components fail and really easy to repair than buying a new complete floodlight. Repair takes about 5-10 minutes.
Voltage Rating : Input 85 – 277 Volt, 0.5A, Output 15 – 34v DC, 1500mA including IP67 Protection used by most LED Floodlights as below
Note!!! Please ensure you connect your AC 220v to the AC input side and the LED Light to the DC (LED + and – side). If these sides are reversed you will damage the unit and not replaceable under warranty.
You will need tools below to repair a LED Floodlight
- Philips Screwdriver (Star Point Screwdriver) or Flat Screwdriver depending on screws used by casing on LED Floodlight
- Soldering Iron optional to ensure wires are securely connected (Otherwise it can just be tied to LED Light Frame)
- If the LED Driver (Power Converter) has failed and needs to be removed you will need Pliers to remove the power converter since it is attached to the casing mostly by using silicon.
- If the LED Driver (Power Converter) has failed you need optional double sided tape or silicon to secure the new power converter against the casing.
- Thermal Paste (Thermal Compound) which can be purchased from any PC retailer also used for PC CPU Heatsinks etc will be needed to ensure the COB Light can transfer heat to the casing and do not overheat. NOTE!!! If Thermal paste not used a LED Light will overheat and heats within a few seconds of usage. Incorrectly installed / overheated COB Lights will not be replaced as per Terms & Conditions.
Instructional Video to Repair LED Floodlights below
The LED COB Lights below are commonly used with this LED Power Converter / LED Driver
This LED Driver can be used to repair most LED Floodlights as below if LED COB Chip not more than 100 Watt.