Shielded / Foil cables are more expensive than Unshielded even on lower bandwidth, but provides a better signal transfer on longer distances and shields better from electromagnetic interference. Shielded / Foil cable needs to be used for Video/Audio TMDS channel on video and audio extenders to ensure improved syncing / stable signals. The DDC Channel on HDMI extenders can use Unshielded twisted pair, but in general UTP is not supported by manufacturer due to signal attenuation and interference from nearby EMI. Shielded / Foil cables also needs to be grounded properly when terminated (using the ripcord inside cabling) to ensure the cables are properly earthed for possible spikes / surges.
Other products on the web related to this item. Please use the < > buttons below to browse through all the available listings
To terminate / crimp RJ45 connectors correctly onto UTP or STP cables use RJ45 / RJ11 Crimping tool for UTP / STP cables.
Shielded RJ45 connectors at Shielded CAT5e / CAT6 Boots + Connectors.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- High-Performance Data Communications Cable for Noisy Environment
- Suitable for 350MHz High-Speed Data Applications,
- Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet and 155Mbps TP-PMD/CDDI
- Designed for Indoor Installations, (CMR) Riser
- Category-5E Foil Twisted Pair (FTP) Cable
- 4-Pair, Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
- AWG24 Solid Bare Copper Conductors
- Excellent Attenuation and Crosstalk Characteristics
- Exceeds EIA/TIA 568 B.2-1, UL, CSA and ISO/IEC 11801 specifications
- UL/cUL or ETL Listed
This product is commonly used with our HDMI Extenders range :
HDMI Extender CAT-5e / CAT-6 w/Tx + Rx (30m 1080p)
HDMI 50m Extender CAT-6 w/Tx + Rx (50-60m 1080p)
Related Keywords : cat 5e network cable, cat5 stp cable, ethernet cable, network cable patch, cat 5 cables, network cable cat, cat5 network cable, network cat 5, network stp cable, cat5 patch cable, cables cat5, cat 5e cable, network patch cables, shielded network cable, low signal loss network cable