1.5 Meter USB to RS232 Serial Port | USB to DB9 Pin Male Converter Cable | FTDI RS232, PL2303, CH340
Easily connect serial devices through a USB port. Modern computers are often not equipped with RS232 ports, making the use of legacy peripherals and communication devices more difficult. The USB to Serial Converter, with its serial RS232 port, easily expands a single USB 1.1 port to connect and support serial modems, barcode scanners, digital cameras, card readers and other devices.
Windows compatibility with Plug and Play installation and hot-swap ability help provide seamless use.
- USB port; Type A male
- RS232 port; 9-pin male
- Transfer rate: up to 225 kbps
- Bus powered
- Prolific PL2303 Chipset or CH340 Chipset Chicom or FTDI Chipset FT232 Future Technology Devices International depending on stock we have and option chosen.
NOTE!! CH340 Chipset Windows 10/11 and FTDI Windows 10/11 Drivers will be detected automatically.
Prolific PL2303 Chipset drivers may show this error below when device connected to a Windows 10/11 PC depending on driver version installed.
- Download the Prolific 2023 Driver at Prolific 2023 Windows10/11 Driver and extract the zip file and install the “PL2303-Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1200.exe” Driver Set
- Open Windows Device Manager and Right Click the Message in above image and choose “Update Driver” as per image
- Choose the Options below
Ensure to choose the “12/07/2018” Driver. Newer drivers may be incompatible and device not detected properly in Windows
If Driver Installation was successful the USB to Serial Cable PL2303 Chipset will be shown as below:
- Weight: 165 g (5.8 oz.)
- USB 1.1 or 2.0 port
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 compatible
- USB to Serial 9pin RS232 Converter Cable
- User manual
- Driver Automatically installed with Windows 10 or downloadable via Prolific website.
To construct a USB to RJ45 Console cable, use the RS232 DB9 to RJ45 cable below together with this cable: