Smart Wifi Gate Motor / Garage Motor / Electric Fence Energizer / Alarm Panel Control Add-on Module | Sonoff
Adding this Smart Wifi Module to any Garage door motor / Electric Gate Motor or Electric fencing energizer will take you less than 15 minutes. Enable your old legacy devices to be wifi-controlled from your phone with an app on your smartphone. Forgot to close the garage door or gate at home when you left ? Or your remote is not working ? No problem, control it from your phone from anywhere to operate it to the required state.
The wireless module supports inching /self-locking mode. You can add the device to the eWeLink APP on Android and Apple Smartphones to remote control connected home appliances or devices. In self-locking mode, you can remotely turn on/off connected devices immediately. When in inching mode, you can turn on the switch for 0.5s and then auto-turn-off after another 0.5s. This simulates the press of the remote control button thereby opening or closing your gate or garage motor.
Setup Instructions to Pair with Ewelink App:
- Download Ewelink app from Playstore or Apple Store on your smartphone
- Power the Smart Wifi Module (Easier to pair before Installation) with either a Micro-USB Cable from a 5v Charger or any USB Port or power it via 2 wires on the DC 7v-32V Connectors as per below diagram with a 12v battery or 12 volt power source.
- Long press the model change button as per below picture for more than 5 seconds until the blue LED starts Blinking fast 2 times and slow for 2 sec.
- Open Ewelink App and Click Add-Device. Please ensure if your access point is on 5Ghz that there is a 2.4Ghz Wifi to connect to since the devices works via 2.4Ghz Wifi’s only. This can be changed on your router if a problem connecting to your wifi network.
- If device is not discovered via Add-Device on Ewelink please click on Bluetooth Pairing and check device discovered and add it to Wifi Network by selecting the wifi network name and inputting the password for the wifi network to connect to.
- Two working voltage: USB 5V and DC 7V-32V
- This device supports Normally Opened (NO) or Normally closed (NC) switching.
- With signal instruction LED light and relay pull-on instruction light
- Power < 1W, and quiescent current:80mA
- Cutover current< 10A , Cutover voltage< 250V
- 10A Relay Model
- Maximum pull-on time: 15mS
- Maximum release time: 5mS
- Working Temperature: -40 to 70degree
- Working Humidity: 40% to 80% RH
- Size: about 80*15*35mm
Example Installation Diagram:
Below is some sample installations we performed to demonstrate what the Smart trigger device is capable of:
Centurion D5 Gate Motor Wifi Control Installation (Any Gate that has a Trigger input and 12v Aux Port on control board) :
Since Gate Motors function on a momentarily press of a button the inching settings below must be set on EWElink under the Wifi Module properties. Inching causes the device to function the same as a press button on a remote control (e.g “On” Status will be the button pressed and inching will auto-off button again to ensure it does not remain in the “On” / Pressed State). Inching switches to off state automatically to allow button press again to close gate or open gate.
If the On-Off is in opposite mode e.g. Off=Close/Open Gate and On=No Function on the Gate Motor please swop the NC to NO or Vice Versa on the Wifi Smart Module to the Trigger / Common on the Gate Motor. “On” Must Open/Close Gate (Inching switches to Off less than 1sec and “On” functions as a press button automatically, same as a remote control)
Nemtek Merlin Stealth Electric Fence Energizer (Or any energizer that has remote control On/Off Port and 12 Volt Aux port as in below diagram)
If the On-Off is in opposite mode e.g On=Off and Off=On on the Energizer please swop the NC to NO or Vice Versa on the Wifi Smart Module or change arm settings on Energizer.
DigiDoor II Garage Door Motor (Any Garage Motor which has a 7-32V Power output and Switch Control Port)
Since Electric Garage Door Motors function on a momentarily press of a button the inching settings below must be set on EWElink under the Wifi Module properties. Inching causes the device to function the same as a press button on a remote control (e.g “On” Status will be the button pressed and inching will auto-off button again to ensure it does not remain in the “On” / Pressed State). Inching switches to off state automatically to allow button press again to close door or open door.
If the On-Off is in opposite mode e.g. Off=Close/Open Doors and On=No Function on the Garage Motor please swop the NC to NO or Vice Versa on the Wifi Smart Module to the ports on the Garage Motor. “On” Must Open/Close Doors (Inching switches to Off less than 1sec and “On” functions as a press button automatically, same as a remote control)
Note!! This Specific Garage Door Motor works on 24 Volt. The Smart Wifi module will work with 12 Volt motors as well in range from 7-32 Volts.
Paradox SP6000 Alarm System panel (Or any alarm system that has a 12 Volt Aux port as in below diagram and free zone to be programmed)
To Smart Arm / Remotely Arm your alarm panel system with this Wifi Module via Wifi or Mobile signal from your phone see example of Paradox SP6000 Panel Wiring below. You can set timer schedules on the Ewelink App to Arm (ON) and Disarm (OFF) on the Ewelink App.
All zones needs to be closed before arming (no activity or PIR’s active / doors open etc). The device will not be able to arm if a zone open and cannot integrate into panel to show an error if ON status but not armed if zones are open.
Connect the Common and NO (Normally Closed) on the Wifi Module to any available Zone on alarm panel (Zone Z8 in example below). Connect 12v DC Power from alarm system Aux + and – to the Smart Wifi Module
Program the Alarm zone to accept On/Off via Smart Module (Below applicable to Paradox SP6000 System, please consult your alarm panel installation panel for programming codes). If you already have a On/Off Zone configured on your panel connect the Sonoff Smart Wifi Module to the specific zone and no additional programming is needed as below.
- Press “Enter” on Keypad
- Type in Installer Code (Default 0000), check with your installer what your installer code is. Not the same as arming/disarming user code
- Type 008 (Zone nr 8 in example below)
- Panel will show (xx-xx)(123****8) or similar. Enter 26 (Keyswitch Momentary press) and 01 (Partition 01)
- Alarm Panel will show Zone 08 : (26-01)(********)
- Press Enter to confirm and move to next zone
- Press Clear and Clear Again to End and Save config.
- Arm the Alarm system by using Ewelink app ON (Armed) and OFF (Disarmed). If Stay or Sleep needed via the smart wifi module alternative programming is required.
Ewelink or Tuya App Compatible Devices can be activated by using voice control as well e.g “Open/Close Garage Door”, “Turn on Lights” etc or triggered via Motion Sensors to perform a specific function. Voice control can be from your smart phone / tablet / pc / vehicle or from Nest Speakers in various rooms. Most people prefer to use their smartphones since it is always close by to talk to.
This device is compatible with Google Assistant (Google Home App), Siri (Apple Assistant), Bixby (Samsung Assistant), Alexa (Amazon Assistant), Cortana (Windows Assistant) or Samsung SmartThings by using the third party apps and linking Ewelink or Tuya devices to it. Google Assistant are the most commonly used voice assistant for these smart devices due to compatibility across a vast range of devices.
To Start Controlling your devices by voice commands for Google Assistant
- Ensure your Smart Devices is Setup in Ewelink App or Tuya App and named accordingly. Google Assistant best understands English and if devices in another language voice control will be difficult.
- Download the Google Home and Google Assistant, sign into the apps with your gmail or email details.
- Open Google Home App –> Click on Devices –> Add Device
- Click on Works with Google
- Click the Magnifying Glass and search for Ewelink
- Click on the Ewelink Smart Home and Authorize Google to use Ewelink Devices by logging into Ewelink with your details
- After import all your devices can be controlled via the Home app or via Voice e.g command are e.g “Hey Google, Turn on Kitchen Lights”, “Hey Google, Turn Off Kitchen Lights”.
- If you have gates and garage motors you need to create Personal Automation Routines on Google Home to respond to “Hey Google, Open Garage Door” and “Hey Google, Close Garage Door”. Initial Commands will be “Hey Google, Turn On Garage Door” to open/close garage door but by using Routines you can have custom voice commands to respond to Open/Close Google Voice Commands.
To Wire ANY of the scenarios above to Gate Motor, Energizer or Garage Door Motor you can use standard CAT6 UTP Cable as below. In most scenarios only 2 pairs of the 4 pairs on the CAT6 Cable are used:
The Waterproof Box below can be used if this device is installed outdoors and needs protection from Rain/Dust. The Wifi signal will not be affected by installing the smart device inside a PVC Box: