Waterproof Temperature Sensor | Submersible for Jacuzzi-Fish Tank-Geyser Temp Monitor | Sonoff DS18B20
Sonoff DS18B20 Waterproof Temperature Sensor. The Sonoff DS18B20 RJ9 waterproof temperature sensor is available for Sonoff TH Elite/TH Origin to detect and measure temperature. Sonoff DS18B20 RJ9 Waterproof Temp sensor can be extended up to 50m with the new RL560 extension cable with the RJ9 connector type.
- Power Application – The waterproof temperature sensor is available for the Sonoff TH Elite/TH Origin to detect and measure the temperature.
- Wider Measuring Range – Measuring range from -55℃ to +125℃ to enable use in a wider scope of applications. Easy to install.
- Super-durability & Long–lifespan – The stainless steel probe is water-resistant, anti-corrosion, and rust-proof which can be used in a moist environment.
- Cable Length is only 50cm.
- Easy To Use – Just plug into TH Elite/TH Origin.
- Type: Waterproof temperature sensor
- Probe: Stainless steel temperature probe
- Temperature Measuring range: -55℃~+125℃
- Power Supply: 3.0-5.5V
- Weight: 26g
- Length: 50cm
- Jack Type: RJ9, 2.5mm Audio Jack
Guidelines on installing temperature sensor on a geyser (TAKEN FROM DIY ENTHUSIASTS DO AT OWN RISK)
There are 4 ways for probe positioning to monitor geysers temps:
- Stick DS18B20 Sensor onto flange at thermostat or drill small hole in plastic end cover of geyser, use screwdriver to push through insulation till feel geyser shell, continue along shell for 100mm or so, remove screwdriver and insert probe along channel created – nestling under insulation against shell is as good as inside.
- Replace existing thermostat with DS18B20 Sensor – not recommended when going to do switching since no equipment is ‘safe to fail’ but if only for monitoring like in solar water or for heat pumps then 100%
- Attach DS18B20 Sensor to hot water out pipe on top of geyser and cover with insulation
- Install dedicated probe pocket – can buy from solar water providers – bit more difficult and skills required then add the DS18B20 Sensor to the probe pocket
Note: This product includes a “Sonoff AL010 2.5mm Audio Jack to RJ9 Adapter Cable” to ensure connection to a TH16 Original/Elite Smart Monitor can be done which uses 2.5mm connector or to a TH20 Elite Switch / Monitor is possible which uses a RJ9 Connector.