4K x 2K UltraHD (uHD) HDMI 1×8 Splitter (8 outputs), 3D, HDMI v1.4 – Up to 3840 x 2160 Resolution
4K x 2K UltraHD (uHD) HDMI 1×8 Splitter (8 outputs), 3D, HDMI v1.4 – Up to 3840 x 2160 Resolution, Tested 100% with all common HDMI sources such as HDPVR, Apple TV Player, Mvix (HDMI Version), Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, DVD players and Blu-ray Players on the SA market.
HDMI devices (any source / player, LCD, Plasma etc) have different results when inserting HDMI Repeater devices depending on the equipment you are using (a repeater device is any switch / splitter / extender etc). Please ensure to get confirmation from the manufacturer of your source / player / LCD that the specific player or LCD can communicate via a HDMI Repeater. Some source devices might not allow any HDMI device between itself and the LCD and will only function via a direct HDMI cable to the LCD. The opposite is also possible where the LCD needs a direct connection to the source / player and will not accept a regenerated signal from a HDMI Repeater device. Your display or source manufacturer can confirm if their product supports the functions required.
This splitter is an one input, eight outputs HDMI splitter. It distributes the single HDMI input into eight identical outputs. These eight outputs are synchronized.
● Model HDSP0108
● Splits the HDMI signal to 8 x HDMI display devices simultaneously
● Supports 3D content from Playstation 3, 3D Blu-ray etc.
● Each port supports HDMI or DVI inputs
● 8dB receiver equalization to compensate for longer length HDMI cable signal losses
● 3dB driver pre-emphasis to compensate to PCB losses.
● HDMI v1.4 and HDCP 1.2 protocol compliant.
● Support digital audio split in HDMI, such as LPCM / Dolby-AC3 / DTS 7.1 / DSD / Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Master Audio.
● UltraHD 4k x 2k (uHD) support 3840 x 2160 cascaded above 3 layers –> Stack these 1 x 8 splitters to distribute to 8 x 8 x 8 (3-layers) displays e.g. distribute the audio and video from a single HDPVR / PS3 or other HDMI device to 512 LCD’s / Plasma’s or Projectors!
● LED Indication: When source device and the sink display devices work in HDCP status, the color of the LED relative to the sink will be blue. When source is Non-HDCP, the color of the LED relative to the sink will be red.
● Dimension(L x W x H) : 320mm x 100mm x 36mm
● Data transfer speed : 2.25Gbps x 3
● DC5V power supply
Series connection of these splitters achieves long distance transmission of HDMI signals of more than 15 meters using HDMI 26 / 24 AWG cable specifications.
HDMI CABLES AND EQUIPMENT SHOULD NEVER BE CONNECTED / DISCONNECTED WHILE YOUR EQUIPMENT IS POWERED ON SINCE THE HDMI PORT CARRIES A LOW VOLTAGE BUT CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT WHEN PLUGGED / UNPLUGGED WHILE POWERED ON. The sequence below should be followed when installing new cables or equipment between source/player and LCD / Plasma.
1.) Power-off all equipment (At the wall socket).
2.) Connect all Cables, Splitters, Switches, Extenders within HDMI Distribution Network.
3.) Power on all Splitters, Switches, Extenders within HDMI Distribution Network.
4.) Power on all LCD / Plasma’s and set to HDMI input from HDMI Distribution Network.
5.) Power on Sources / Players (Sources negotiates HDCP Handshake via HDMI Network to displays which is set to HDMI input to respond to handshake).
Most HDMI Sources / Players / Gaming Consoles use an encryption algorithm called HDCP which can cause signal issues. To troubleshoot audio / video issues (HDMI Handshake problems) regarding HDMI distribution see the problems and solutions guide at http://www.hdcabling.co.za/hdcp_hdmi_handshake_troubleshooting_guidelines.php
A technical guide on how to choose HDMI Cables & Equipment is available at Choosing the Correct HDMI Cables and HD Distribution Equipment. If you are not sure which items to purchase please send us an e-mail with requirements using the Contact form on the left under the Information section and we will select the correct products for you based on your requirements. This item conforms to the HDMI v1.4 specifications described in the section. In general for Blu-ray HDMI v1.0 is required as a minimum and for PS3 / Xbox 360 HDMI v1.2 is recommended as a minimum. HDMI v1.4 exceeds both HDMI v1.0 and v1.3 specifications.
Please check the Home Entertainment Wiring Diagram section on our website for common uses of this product and for alternative wiring options.
Use high quality Surge Protection plugs on your equipment to ensure unstable power from electrical wall socket / electrical surges will have less chance of damaging your equipment. a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply) is highly recommended in all areas of your home or business where LCD’s, players and HDMI Equipment is installed.